CLAIMS Direct 2.1
IFI CLAIMS Patent Services
CLAIMS Direct provides clients with a mirror database which is automatically updated without client involvement. The database is updated by proprietary algorithms and checked by IFI’s editorial team. When records in IFI’s primary database are corrected or updated, clients receive the automatic updates to their database. IFI’s ever growing collection of patent data currently includes over 147 million records from 100+ authorities and over 100 million full text records from 45 authorities. The data is delivered in a consistent, extended ST36 XML format and records are conformed to the same DTD. Value add data in CLAIMS Direct includes translations, patent legal status, standardized entity names and more.
IFI provides API search and supports the full SOLR search syntax, which enables full UTF-8 search capabilities for all languages. In addition to simple Boolean search, standard query parsers are also available.
CLAIMS Direct allows searching for Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC), International Patent Classification (IPC and IPCR), FI classification/F-Terms, US Classification, and European Classification (ECLA).
IFI Integrated Content includes:
• IFI Patent Status - Stored in the IFI container and maintained to display the latest recorded status, which affects whether the patent is still in force or, in the case of applications, whether the application is pending, granted, or inactive. IFI tracks the sequence of legal status events reported to the EPO from the national offices and delivered in the Inpadoc file to map them to a distinct set of values.
• Expiry Date Calculations - includes Anticipated, Adjusted and ifi-term extension data (US and AU or the FDA)
• IFI Standardized Names- standardized applicant names, assignee names in the parties container and assignment history, and names provided in legal events that are related to changes in ownership or name changes.
• IFI Claims Summary - Number of claims in the document, number of independent claims in the document, identifies each claim as "dependent" or "independent", and the claim(s) on which the current one is dependent (for dependent claims only).
• IFI Snapshots – summarizes individual documents and provides: patent status, current owner, original owner, probable owner (US only), expiry date, publication type, and claims summary
• IFI Ultimate Owner – groups standard company names under the current parent company.
Simple family information is as defined by the DocDB family identifier. On-site Family and Citation Functionality includes Extended Family, and forward and backward citations for an entire family.
Users of the IFI platform can customize items in the search result list. List allows selection of some or all items for reporting functions. Results of queries can be faceted or grouped by different fields.
Export data available in CSV and XML format.
Non-patent content within CLAIMS Direct includes Orange Book pharmaceutical data, Australia pharmaceutical data, and Litigation Data as an add-on.