BEIJING INCOPAT CO., LTD
IncoPat is a patent database provider from China with a collection of patents from 120 authorities and is updated daily. The platform integrates functions like patent search, analysis, online cooperation and monitoring. It also facilitates the processing of value-added data like legal status, litigation's, corporate business information, technology operations, custom records, communication standards, declassified national defense patents, etc. IncoPat provides over 300 searchable fields, 50 analytical templates and 100 customized analytical fields for users to search and analyze patents. For example, the field on Technical Efficiency will support users to search or analyze patents on intelligent car technologies improving safety or lowering cost.
In addition to commonly provided semantic search or AI search on patent databases, IncoPat uses a proprietary DNA analysis technology, combining the technologies of AI, NLP and knowledge mapping to recognize key parts and relationships of a specific invention. Before running the search results, the system will display the input technology contents into a knowledge mapping showing the parts of the invention and relationships between inventions. Users will then operate on the map to revise those parts and relationships. This enables users to understand the process of AI search and optimize the process by editing the knowledge map. For the AI search results, IncoPat supports text comparison between the results with the input contents to show users the effect of the results.
IncoPat provides 11 types of search features, including Simple Search, Advanced Search, Citation Search, Batch Search, Citation Search, Legal Search, AI Search, Semantic Search, Extended Search, Graph Search, and Chemical Search. Some additional features of IncoPat are listed below.
1. Search Language
All patents’ titles, abstracts and full-text are translated into English and Chinese to support searching and analyzing. Non-Latin text, such as Japanese and Korean can also be searched.
2. AI Search for novelty, invalidation and clearance searches.
Use of technology Knowledge Map and AI to identify the core structure in patent document and basic element of patent DNA. Knowledge Map to realize invention contents accurate identification and accurate matching
3. Graph Search
Supports users to search design patents. Users could upload a picture and select Locarno Classification to carry out design similarity search.
4. Semantic Search by using Operator RAD/RPD
User can combine manual search together with semantic technology to rank the patent search results
e.g. RAD=(CN1325248C) AND TI=(laminate), the search results will comprise patents with titles containing laminate and similar to CN1325248C with the application date earlier than CN1325248C. The results will be in order according to the similarity to CN1325248C. RPD means the patents similar to the target patent with publication dates earlier than the target patent.
5. Technical Efficiency Search
IncoPat uses NLP technology, machine deep learning together with manual intervention. It extracts content on function and efficiency from patents’ abstracts, description contents and generates technical efficiency after simplification and normalization. Currently, technical efficiency index is applied to only Chinese patents.
IncoPat provides the technical efficiency sentences and phrases, which can assist users to conduct indexing more effectively.
IncoPat supports chemical search.
1. Computer language to decode chemical structure break barriers for structure matching.
2. Massive compounds dictionary to help extend chemical structure expression.
3. One click to transform CAS number into structure, easily realize structure search.
4. Import/export structures through various formats, support intelligence exchange of multiple platforms.
5. Search results are ordered by relevancy to help in carrying out efficient prior art searches.
IncoPat supports CPC, IPC, FI/F-Terms, Locarno Classification, China National Economy Industry Classification.
Classification tools are provided for users to check the needed classification numbers and conduct search accordingly.
1. Patent related data including, patent litigation, licensing, transfer, pledge, re-examination invalidation, FDA, standards, defense declassification, Chinese corporate business information are provided.
2. Technical Efficiency Index
IncoPat supports the statistics and analysis of technical efficiency for patents. IncoPat uses NLP technology, machine deep learning together with manual intervention, content on function and efficiency from patents’ abstracts and descriptions, generating technical efficiency after simplification and normalization. Currently, technical efficiency index is applied for all Chinese patents.
3. With deep processing on all patents and value added data; IncoPat provides more than 300 searchable fields to meet users' demands in exploring patents and patents related intelligence.
IncoPat provides various types of patent family including data including simple family, extended family and Inpadoc family.
IncoPat makes a deep process of patent intelligence with more than 300 searchable fields and more than 100 analytical fields that could meet users’ demands of search and analysis from various aspects.
1. IncoPat provides more than 100 statistical filtering fields on the parents results page to help users do quick statistical analysis of the results or narrow down the search results by selecting specific dataset.
2. There are over 30 modes for users to re-arrange the results according to their demands.
3. There are multiple results displaying modes and users could customize the displaying fields to read results according to their demands.
4. Patents with legal events like litigations, pledges, assignments, invalidations and so on will be displayed with related flags.
IncoPat provides over 100 statistical filtering fields on the results page to help users carry out a quick statistical analysis of patents or narrow down the search results by selecting specific dataset.
There are over 50 analytical templates on different aspects, i.e. trend, technology, applicant, region, law and jurisdiction. There are also over 70 analytical fields for users to customize the analysis of projects. More than 10 graphics are supported including column chart, bar chart, line chart, pie chart, rose diagram, polar column chart, bubble chart, area chart, tree map, radar chart, filled radar chart and so on. IncoPat supports users to generate an analysis report directly by selecting the appropriate templates.
3.Technical Efficiency Analysis Search
With the IncoPat’s technical efficiency index, users can conduct technical efficiency analysis of the key players of specific area of technology, learn technology direction, hot spots, blank spots in a few minutes.
IncoPat’s patent citation analysis can help users to keep track of the development process of specific technology and discover the protection strategy and patent layout for company’s core technologies. Users could customize the information displayed for the citation of patents including, titles, abstracts, applicants, publication numbers, dates, abstracts and drawings, and get a clear picture of the technology development history. The citation analysis supports displaying the forward and backward citations by groups according to applicants or public authorities. It also supports the sorting of data according to applicants, public authorities, validity, legal events, citing times so as to find out the core technologies in the process of technology development.
5. 3D Sand Table Analysis
3D Patent Sand Table is an advanced tool for patent strategic analysis. Using 3D Patent Sand Table to do simulation deduction, users can quickly focus on the hot spots of patent layout and grasp the R&D directions and patent portfolios of competitors to improve the patent quality and market competitive power. 3D Patent Sand Table uses 3D topographic pattern to display competitive situation of technology. Peaks represent technology dense areas and valleys represent technology blank spots. Different applicants can be marked by different colors to show competitive situation clearly. Each spot represents one specific patent. The closer the spots are, the higher the relevancy of the technology will be.
3D Patent Sand Table supports users to do sand table analogy and confrontation, which provides a comparison of patent numbers, patent values, technology impacts, range of claims, empirical values and so on to help users get a quick and visual idea of the patent strength of other parities.
IncoPat Alerts support two types of project alerts.
1. Monitoring the new hits of specific search queries. Whenever there are new hits corresponding to users' queries, the system sends emails to the users with key information of those hits.
2. Monitoring the status of updates of a batch of patents. When there are any status changes for users’ concerned patents, including changes of legal status, patent families, citations, applicant, litigation events, re-examination-invalidation events, the system will send emails with key information of patents to the users.
1. Over 140 downloadable fields of different aspects of technology, classification, name and address, citation, family, law and so on.
2. Download to computer or send an email in format of EXCEL, WORD, PDF, JPG(drawing), XML(claims/description)
3. Supports downloading of 10,000 records at a time.
4. Users could customize the display order of the fields before download and save the download template for further use.
IncoPat Provides two types of Collaboration Tools.
1. IncoFolder: It is a module which supports users to save patents as folders. Patents within the folders can be indexed, commented, analyzed. The folders with related information could also be shared to other IncoPat users.
2.IncoNavigation. It is a module which supports users to save patent search queries. The queries as navigation's with related information could be shared to other IncoPat users.
Industrial designs could be searched through keywords, numbers or by uploading of images.
Semantic Search Operator RAD/RPD——to arrange the patent results according to users’ demands.
e.g. RAD=(CN1325248C) AND TI=(laminate), the search results will be patents with titles containing laminate and similar to CN1325248C and also the application date shall be earlier than CN1325248C. The results will display according to the similarity to CN1325248C. RPD means patents similar to the target patent with publication dates earlier than the target patent.